What usage rights do I have for the media with my purchase?
For residential real estate agents with your purchase you are granted permanent, non-transferable usage rights to the media that we produce for you. This means that you can use the media for your listing, personal brand/marketing, or social media. However, you are not permitted to sell, give, or transfer the media to others without our express written permission. If a third-party is interested in purchasing or using the media, they must contact us. Full Package Media is the owner of the copyright of all media produced.
Most other companies only allow you to use media while the listing is active, we go above and beyond by giving you much more extended usage rights compared to our competitors!
Below are some common scenarios and how the usage rights apply:
- You can:
- Use the media for your listing on MLS
- Use the media on sites like Zillow or Realtor.com
- Use the media on your personal or business social media accounts
- Send the media to a graphic designers to make a flyer for your listing
- Use the media for an end of the year social media post showcasing the homes that you sold throughout the year
- Reuse the photos if the home goes off the market then comes back on the market as long as you are still the listing agent
- Note: Some MLS policies state that photos can only be used for a certain period of time before they must be retaken. Consult the MLS board that you are apart of for polices, rules, or guidelines.
- Give the photos to the homeowner who is selling the house for keep-sake or memory purposes.
- You can not:
- Give, sell, or transfer the media to another home-services provider like the roofing company, cleaning service, stager, window company or others
- Give, sell, or transfer the media to another real estate agent (including the buyer's agent), even if you no longer have the listing
- Give, sell, or transfer the media to the buyer of the home
- Give, sell, or transfer the media to the homeowner's who are selling the house if they intend to use the media to rent out or use the photos for any commercial purpose
- Sell the media to anyone
- Claim the media as something that you produced
For commercial photography clients (not residential estate agents) our media rights are different, contact us for more information.
For information about transferring rights to someone else, click here.
This article serves as a summary of our Terms and Conditions. Our Terms and Conditions must be agreed to for each order and serves as the latest and up to date version of our usage rights policy.